Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Removing paint from bathroom wall

On 14/12/2020 16:28, Michael Chare wrote:
I wish to tile a bathroom wall. The tiles are 30 by 60 cm and 10mm
thick, so quite heavy. I am told that I must remove the paint, or
atleast do something to make the tiles stick.Â* What is the best way of
doing this?Â* I have used a flame and chemicals to remove paint from wood
in the past.

Gloss or emulsion? I would not worry unless it was really flaky emulsion
an/or a wall obviously suffering from penetrating or rising damp.

If it is gloss, wash with Flash or sugar soap to remove grease, then
maybe roughen with wire brush or coarse abrasive paper?

Use tile spacers of course to stop them slidng down before adhesive has set.