Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Removing paint from bathroom wall

On 14/12/2020 16:28:54, Michael Chare wrote:
I wish to tile a bathroom wall. The tiles are 30 by 60 cm and 10mm
thick, so quite heavy. I am told that I must remove the paint, or
atleast do something to make the tiles stick.Â* What is the best way of
doing this?Â* I have used a flame and chemicals to remove paint from wood
in the past.

Is the paint peeling? Is it easy to remove using scraper?

If the answer is "no" to both there is really no need to remove the paint.

If you really need to remove it then I understand isopropyl alcohol will
assist in softening the paint, not something I have ever done. If the
paint is old and hard then sanding is a possibility.