Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Charcoal BBQ indoors - restaurants do, extractor hood?

On 14/12/2020 12:51, David wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 01:05:55 -0800, polygonum_on_google wrote:

On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 17:22:20 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google)
wrote:
Having bought my tiny one burger BBQ I am wondering about the
practicality of using it indoors.

Suggest you read:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Safety-Educatio...enters/Carbon-

Monoxide-Information-Center/Carbon-Monoxide-Questions-and-Answers

Using a charcoal barbecue indoors is about as sensible as your checking
your "email" for viruses before posting on a newsgroup. From your point
of view, one might have more serious consequences than the other.

Thanks.
However the link is USA, very generalised, and suggests that you don't do
various things which are deemed safe in the UK.
Like using a portable gas cooker indoors.

I am well aware of the generalised risk, and wouldn't contemplate lighting
a charcoal device indoors without having first assessed the risk and then
done my best to ensure that the risk has been mitigated.

Which is why I started this thread; to discuss the risk and possible
mitigation.

The mitigation that I am exploring is having a very small BBQ under a
powerful extractor fan which vents to the outside.

Has to be a lot better than an open fire going up a passive chimney

Cheers

Dave R