Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How to find/make/whatever things like this cheaply?

On 14/12/2020 10:16, Chris Green wrote:
I have several hundred metres (maybe even a km or so) of electric
fencing around our land. One of the things one often has to do is tie
down loose folded over ends of electric fence tape and make
connections. The best bits of hardware I have found over the years
for doing this are these:-

https://lister24.de/zaunverbinder-bv-444.html

I have quite a lot of these, they tie down the loose ends nicely and I
make connections by using a crimp connector with a bolt through the
square hole (can't use the round hole as that's in the middle of the
tape when in use).

However they are rather expensive and also, since they are designed as
joiners, they aren't quite as good as they could be for the job I use
them for mostly.

So can anyone come up with a good way of getting say 50 or 100 of them
in a slightly modified format:-

* Three prongs only needed, just to slide firmly onto tape
* A smaller (5mm maybe) round hole instead of the square one
* Made in stainless steel (as the above are), about 1mm thick I think
* Price somewhat less, though for exactly what I want I suppose 50p is OK[ish]

Even ideas for cheap alternatives that only do one job would be
welcome. If I could buy very large paper clips made of stainless steel
they would provide the loose end fixing devices but I can't find
conventional paper clips in stainless.

That's posh, we just use granny knots.