Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Charcoal BBQ indoors - restaurants do, extractor hood?

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 17:22:15 +0000, David wrote:

Having bought my tiny one burger BBQ I am wondering about the
practicality of using it indoors.

I wouldn't use it unventilated, but it has occurred to me that I could
put it on a metal tray on top of the hob directly under the extractor
fan.

I know that some restaurants have indoor charcoal grills.
I assume that they have very efficient extractor fans to remove any
combustion products such as CO to the outside atmosphere.

Just speculating if a cooker hood would have enough "suck" to clear the
BBQ fumes.
It certainly seems to clear smoke and steam.

Following various bits of the discussion, it now occurs to me that there
might be a case for using a BBQ in an open fireplace, as it probably is no
worse than the embers of a coal or wood fire.

Cheers

Dave R