Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Home automation ...

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 06:33:32 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Some like the Philips Hue movement sensor has a light level
detector so that is completely automatics.

This seems to suggest that their products can be ZigBee compliant::

Yes they are.

Cool.

snip

I am going to try to get an RPi running Home Assistant
although I'm still not exactly clear how all this stuff bolts
together and what's needed for what.

That's one real advantage of the Hue stuff,. that's all
completely automatic even to the level of being able
to ask siri what the temperature of the individual
movement sensors is without any setup required at all.

I saw someone doing similar on Youtube but I've not tested it against
any voice stuff as yet (and not sure I'm bothered in any case as I'm
unlikely to use it as the Mrs would forget what to say).

Last night I picked up the Lidl LED strip lamp and couldn't seem to
see it on the list on 'Smart Life', so I reverted to the Lidl App and
soon found and bound it (really just to make sure it was working).

This morning I went back to the Smart Life app and just did a search
and it found (one at a time) all 3 smart switches, the strip lamp and
remote control. I put the two pendant lights into paring mode before
it scanned them as well. I created a group of the two lights then set
them up to come on an hour before sunset and go off 30 mins after
sunrise.

I may try having them come on brighter before dusk and dropping back a
bit at midnight (more like night / security lights).

I'd like an input sensor (PIR on the way) and maybe a 'Smart light
switch' to run in parallel with a wall one (so I can override the
Smart / scheduled setting either way)?

Only time will tell how reliable it all is in use.

Fun finding out though. ;-)

Cheers, T i m