Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Home automation ...

"T i m" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 04:32:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote

Coming down to the front and rear lobby lights off bade us realise how
dark it was out there but not just because is was close to sunrise (so
sunrise + N time wouldn't help) it was. So the next thing I'm going to
try is adding a 'rule' that turns those lights on when 'Overcast'.

Some like the Philips Hue movement sensor has a light level
detector so that is completely automatics.

This seems to suggest that their products can be ZigBee compliant::

Yes they are.

https://zigbeealliance.org/zigbee_pr...sor-module-v1/
https://zigbeealliance.org/zigbee_pr...motion-sensor/

Just overcast and
not isnt enough, heavily overcast is very different light level
wise to medium overcast or light overcast.

Agreed.

It could mean they are on all day (and night)
but it will be interesting to find out.

I would also be interested to find a B22 LED Zigbee compatible
lamp to put in my neighbours (unused) outside light and trigger
it from the PIR I've ordered (with his full permission etc). ;-)

Should I be able to sum the rules, eg, Only if between sunset and
sunrise and the PIR is triggered, turn the light on for 10 mins?

You certainly can with the best of them.

I am going to try to get an RPi running Home Assistant
although I'm still not exactly clear how all this stuff bolts
together and what's needed for what.

That's one real advantage of the Hue stuff,. that's all
completely automatic even to the level of being able
to ask siri what the temperature of the individual
movement sensors is without any setup required at all.

I think I got from Theo that HA allows you to keep everything 'in
house' (and I think that's not a bad idea), as long as I can still get
confirmation of any sensor triggers when out-and-about etc.