Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Just is offline

Default Woodstove "plastic" smell?

Yes it is paint. Sure it could be loads of other issues, but the paint is distinct. We had a log burner for years and kept it barely on tick over to avoid the paint smell. We now have a new burner and the smell is so horrendous that I am seriously allergic. At best I am sure it is quite toxic. Some people cannot smell it at all. Last night I thought I was heading to A+E. I really need to know what the toxins are so I can get allergy (LDI) treatment for it. No one seems to be acknowledging the toxicity factor...yet.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-258778-.htm