Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default In-line fuse holders - do they meet the regs?

In article ,
wrote:
One for our resident certified electrical installers ...
I want to add a spur to feed a wall-mounted smart heating controller,
which has a PSU as part of its wall-mount kit. I don't want to have a
fused spur plate on the wall so am planning on putting an in-line
fuseholder in the back-box for the wall-mount kit. I don't have any
concerns about whether this is safe, but I can't decide whether it meets
the regs or needs any specific labelling.
Can anyone here provide the answer?

FYI it's an Evohome system with an ATF600 wall-mount kit.

I'd say anything connected to a ring needs an FCU. Run it from the
lighting circuit?

--
*Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.