Grunff

Default Slate Roof With No Underfelt - A Problem??

SuzySue wrote:

If a terraced house had a slate roof with no underfelt, would this be
something that most people would want fixed immediately i.e. taking
off all the slates, and installing underfelt and replacing all the
slates again.

Or is having no underfelt on a roof not a major problem, and something
which can be lived with i.e. not usually considered an "urgent"
problem.

Our roof (1930s) isn't felted. It's not a problem except where there are
gaps in the slates. When we replace the roof (probably this year) we
will felt it.

--
Grunff