Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default External Ducting

On 13 Dec 2020 at 08:14:38 GMT, ""Brian Gaff \" Sofa\)"
wrote:

How would you fix it though? You could not fix it to their wall.

Fixed using clips designed for the job - they wrap round the conduit and screw
to the wall.

The other thing is that depending on the airflow outside, you will still be
able to smell it. I'm not sure what the answer is, and obviously your
neighbours are using the ostrich head in the sand approach.

Maybe, but that's fair enough in high density urban living. What I don't like
is the exhaust directly into my garden.

What it really needs is some kind of round table discussion between you them
and an expert or maybe the bloke who fitted it in the first place without
asking the neighbours.

Yes, I've asked them to do that. But it was nonsense in the first place - they
could easily have run conduit internally, or mounted the fan on one of the
other 2 external walls (it's an offshoot kitchen).

--
Cheers, Rob