Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External Ducting

How would you fix it though? You could not fix it to their wall.
The other thing is that depending on the airflow outside, you will still be
able to smell it. I'm not sure what the answer is, and obviously your
neighbours are using the ostrich head in the sand approach.

What it really needs is some kind of round table discussion between you them
and an expert or maybe the bloke who fitted it in the first place without
asking the neighbours.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"RJH" wrote in message
I've got a minor domestic dispute going on with a neighbour, who recently
fitted a kitchen extractor fan that vents directly into my garden. When I
raised it with them at the time, he said there was no other way, and we
agreed
that he'd let me know whenever he used it - which I figured would make it
pretty impractical for him to use, so I left it. He also added that they
don't
cook fried food so saw no really use for it - it was a fixture that came
with
a new kitchen.

Of course, it's been in regular use without notification, and they don't
answer the door when I go round to discuss. So I'd like to duct it on to
their
garden. It'd need one of these (90 degree fan to duct piece):

https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-r...te-100mm/12478

and one of these (90 degree rectangular duct to duct piece):

https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-r...te-100mm/18905

connected with about 2m of rectangular 100mm duct. It doesn't seem to be
in
black so I'd paint it, and fix with channel clips.

Would that be the way to do it? While I'd guess its intended use was
interior,
I can't see any problem using it outside, unless I'm missing something.

--
Cheers, Rob