Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Charcoal BBQ indoors - restaurants do, extractor hood?

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 10:55:52 -0800 (PST), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

snip

I'd say never, ever, burn a barbecue indoors.

If a competent commercial organisation designs, tests, makes, tests, fits, tests, every day tests, then, just maybe.

Otherwise, never. Too many stores of things like a charcoal burning device, even when apparently no longer burning, actually producing copious amounts of carbon monoxide.

David seems to be on a journey of mutual mass destruction, first of
himself with his indoor BBQ and then all those 'outside' he wants to
blow the *extra* toxic fumes over. ;-)

But hey, maybe he wants to reverse mans evolution, both in (outdoor)
heating and how we make meat digestible. ;-)

OOI, how 'clean' is the process of making charcoal (for positive
purposes, like filtration, not cooking animal flesh), I'm guessing
it's 'not as bad' when done at a commercial level, versus the big pots
you see hippies using in the forest?

Cheers, T i m