Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default External Ducting

On 12/12/2020 11:16:43, RJH wrote:
I've got a minor domestic dispute going on with a neighbour, who recently
fitted a kitchen extractor fan that vents directly into my garden. When I
raised it with them at the time, he said there was no other way, and we agreed
that he'd let me know whenever he used it - which I figured would make it
pretty impractical for him to use, so I left it. He also added that they don't
cook fried food so saw no really use for it - it was a fixture that came with
a new kitchen.

Of course, it's been in regular use without notification, and they don't
answer the door when I go round to discuss. So I'd like to duct it on to their
garden. It'd need one of these (90 degree fan to duct piece):

https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-r...te-100mm/12478

and one of these (90 degree rectangular duct to duct piece):

https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-r...te-100mm/18905

connected with about 2m of rectangular 100mm duct. It doesn't seem to be in
black so I'd paint it, and fix with channel clips.

Would that be the way to do it? While I'd guess its intended use was interior,
I can't see any problem using it outside, unless I'm missing something.

Is there a visible spigot of a pipe you can hang this on?

2m sounds quite a lot of pipework.

Without seeing a photo or plan of the installation it's difficult to
comment on the practicality.

I'm sure the neighbour will consent where offering to do the work gives
the impression of how important this is for you where the alternative
can only be uglier.