Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Home automation ...

T i m wrote:
Then I remembered Theo (I think) talking about he 'Smart Life' app so
I installed that, unlinked the hub from the Lidl app and re-connected
it to the Smart Life app and all went as easily as before (easier as I
now had a bit more of a clue), the idea being that it might be a bit
more flexible than the Lidl one (that it looks like it's based on)?

It seems the Lidl is a rebrand of Tuya Smart Life, so Smart Life should talk
to more things than just the Lidl products.

The current lamps are in std B22 pendants and because these smart
lights happen to be ES27, I have to use converters. I was wondering if
it's worth changing to ES27 pendants as it seems many lamps from the
likes of Ikea / Aldi / Lidl are only ES? Has anyone fitted an ES
pendant and can recommend some 'nice' (as in mechanically / design /
usage) ones please?

Various people sell brass/copper/chrome ES pendant lampholders.
ebay has a selection, or eg:
https://www.lampspares.co.uk/es-e27-lampholders/

Getthing white turned out much harder if you want to support a lampshade -
things like this:
https://www.lampspares.co.uk/es-whit...d-shade-rings/
but I don't like the 'shade rings'. The only 'normal' ES pendants I found
were these (also in black):
https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html
They're fine.

I also fitted a chrome batten holder, which was fine too:
https://www.lampspares.co.uk/chrome-...older-4475062/

Theo