Posted to uk.d-i-y
John J Armstrong John J Armstrong is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 11:20:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:27:03 +0000, John Armstrong
wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 09:54:39 +0000, R D S wrote:

I'm about to buy some broken slate for our front yard.

It's just occurred to me that about 18 months ago when we had the
kitchen roof sorted the roofer replaced 50 slates.
I never thought to keep them, but now.....

:Facepalm:

I have just made a "busy board" for my 2 year old grandaughter's
Christmas. I have incorporated a Friedland circular electric bell.

Oh, I bet they will love you!

They will! Also the miniature electronic bleeper, advertised as
requiring 3v - 24v, but makes an ear-splitting noise on 4.5v.

It
was last used in 1976. It has been through 7 house moves, but I knew I
would need it eventually.

'Sorry darling, I think the battery is flat and only grandad can
replace it, we will have to wait till we see him next ...'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Get her a drum kit next Xmyth ... weg

Someone else attended to that for her last birthday!