Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Hindsight

In article ,
RJH wrote:
On 9 Dec 2020 at 18:48:24 GMT, "T i m" wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 17:38:20 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

A basement launderette would also be useful so you would not need a
(most time unused) machine in the kitchen taking up space.

That would be lovely but I assume you don't live in the UK?

Here I think a basement is quite rare, except for some of the bigger
houses both in the town and country.

Quite a few houses have cellars. I've got the washing machine (with a
suitable drain pump), dryer and freezer down there. Bit miserable to use
as a work area though - too cold for me.

And while humidity is quite high (it's far from bone dry, like most
cellars) nothing's rusted or been affected by damp. So far as I can see
;-)

Cellars are very common round here. Victorian housing, and originally to
keep coal in, as gardens are typically small, and often no access except
through the house.

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.