Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default XT30 connectors

In article ,
says...

I've had a few problems with Power Pole connectors. They're good, but
in my never humble opinion, there are better connectors. I need to
run away right now but can elaborate if you want.

I have not used them , but I think there are some clips out now for the
PPs to hold them together. I don't use them in any critical or high
viberation situation, so they are good enough for me. I do not want to
change now as I have a lot of equipment set up to use the PPs.

If I was worried about the PPs comming apart , I would tape or do
something to secure the connections.

The PPs did not really impress me , but several ham friends use them and
sometimes we swap or work on othes equipment, so trying to stay
'standard'.

Whoever started the PPs for hams must have had a family member in the
company.