Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On 09/12/2020 15:12, williamwright wrote:
On 09/12/2020 14:08, George Miles wrote:
I bought recycled welsh slates for my many year roof repair project,
I then discovered it could have been a lot cheaper to buy new Spanish
or Chinese slates

I don't know whether it's true but a guy doing a slate roof told me that
Spanish slate didn't last long.

Bill

But how long is long? Sometimes you may want to save money if they are
going to last longer than your lifetime and/or the ownership of that
particular house.

A commercial property close to me had artificial slate installed which
looked good, A decade or two later and they had slates slipping,
probably due to poor workmanship using the wrong type of nails which may
now be rotting.