Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On 09/12/2020 12:16, Andrew wrote:
On 09/12/2020 09:54, R D S wrote:
I'm about to buy some broken slate for our front yard.

It's just occurred to me that about 18 months ago when we had the
kitchen roof sorted the roofer replaced 50 slates.
I never thought to keep them, but now.....

:Facepalm:

If they were old victorian slates then he sold them on for a
nice price.

When the slates on my 1905 were replaced the slates that came off were
not in the best of condition. I didn't want them and the roofer didn't
want them. I believe the going rate paid at the local recycle yards was
10p per slate, but only for those in good condition. Sometimes it's
really not worth the bother

In Last Sundays "Escape to the Chateaux" Dick and Angel
had a lorry load of recovered welsh slate trucked over
to France all the way from Wales. Expensive.

Whatever happened to his green lifestyle change where he was running his
vehicles on used chip shop oil and running a 40w lightbulb from a home
built waterwheel? Or did that TV income steam die the death?