Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On 09/12/2020 09:54, R D S wrote:
I'm about to buy some broken slate for our front yard.

It's just occurred to me that about 18 months ago when we had the
kitchen roof sorted the roofer replaced 50 slates.
I never thought to keep them, but now.....

:Facepalm:

Sods law says if you keep something because it may come in useful one
day it will never be used BUT years afterwards when you have taken it to
the tip (or given it away) the day after you will find the use for it.

However, 15 to 20 years of collecting screwdriver bits, now of unknown
quality, I recently took a substantial weight of them to the tip and put
them in the metal recycle skip. I now have a cordless impact driver and
the few "impact" quality bits purchased recently will possibly last for
the rest of my DIY career

Having recently cleared out my DIY "stock" room to overboard a cracked
ceiling and to completely redecorate I found so much I haven't used in
10+ years and am unlikely to use again - plus a few items I thought
would be a good idea at the time, used once before changing my mind I
will do my usual by putting much of it by my front gate with a note
saying free to anyone who can use it and if left for a few days it will
take a trip to the tip.