Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On 9 Dec 2020 at 18:48:24 GMT, "T i m" wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 17:38:20 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

A basement
launderette would also be useful so you would not need a (most time
unused) machine in the kitchen taking up space.

That would be lovely but I assume you don't live in the UK?

Here I think a basement is quite rare, except for some of the bigger
houses both in the town and country.

Quite a few houses have cellars. I've got the washing machine (with a suitable
drain pump), dryer and freezer down there. Bit miserable to use as a work area
though - too cold for me.

And while humidity is quite high (it's far from bone dry, like most cellars)
nothing's rusted or been affected by damp. So far as I can see ;-)

--
Cheers, Rob