Arthur

Default Adding Central Air to Bathrooms?

I don't know where you are but here in Florida we highly recommend grilles
in the bath areas. They can help in keeping the moisture levels down. Those
that didn't install outlets later had wished they had. My thoughts are many
as to why they didn't do it and up toward the top is it is cheaper NOT to
install them forgetting your comfort.
Now the problem will lie in where the bathroom ducts are to be run from. You
have to go where the volume of air will also be for bathrooms and not rob
from other grilles. Also if though most bath areas don't have large BTU
loads the house was calculated taking bath areas into account.

Don't tell me what I can understand, tell me what I can't mis-understand
(Gen. Douglas McArthur)!
No matter what you do you are a problem solver....what do you do?
Arthur, Website: www.arthurhewett.com
Email:

"JAG" wrote in message
om...
The previous owner of my house had C/A installed 2 years ago but
didn't put it into the bathrooms (2 fulls and half bath).

I'm now considering adding it to the bathrooms. I called the company
that installed the system. The guy said that C/A vents in a bathroom
are not a good idea b/c
1) you'll freeze when you're wet, coming out of the shower
2) in the winter when the system is off, the moisture will rise up into
the ducts and possibly create a mold problem, unless I'm super careful
to close the vents.
3) He recommended to instead install exhaust fans to suck the moisture out
after a shower. He said it'll put some of the C/A out if the door is

open
but he still feels it's better.

Any ideas? Does this make sense?

Also, if I do install exhaust fans, do they need to vent outside? I

thought
I once read or heard that there are fans than can exhaust right into the

attic.
I have a crawlspace attic that currently houses the blower and the ducts.
I may use for storage one day but don't currently.