Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On 09/12/2020 15:23, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 13:58:52 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

snip

I think 'squirreling' is a function of (potentially) several things.

1) Space. Or at least that typically the thing that stops most
*practical* people storing more than they do.

flats rarely have much - and/or the inconvenience of
transporting it when moving house.

Agreed, daughter left here and was then living in her half sisters
flat after she (step daughter) was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She
carried it on after she died (for her niece) and has only started
moving out of here of late. We have discovered two things:

1) Whist its a reasonably sized two bed flat, there is very little
storage space. This is compounded because there is no auxiliary space
in say a loft or shed.

My previous flat had a large walk in cupboard below the stairs of the
upstairs flat which was very useful.

Why can't they have lockable storage units in the basement (or wherever)
that you could rent? I know they do in some places. A basement
launderette would also be useful so you would not need a (most time
unused) machine in the kitchen taking up space.

--
Max Demian