Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default DIY Hindsight

On Wed, 09 Dec 2020 16:35:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I was interested to see if neighbour was given any discount on the
original slates (she wasn't) and what the new ones were and
'luckily'(?) they were real slate, albeit Spanish .. so at least not
synthetic?

I've got synthetic here.

Did you get the chance to feel any, what are they like?

Replaced those nasty ceramic tiles which I'd
guess were original and sort of fitted where they touched.

Oh, the (typically) red clay jobbies? I thought they were supposed to
be one of the best (certainly VFM) roofing solutions?

Got a council
grant to help with the work - and they specified artificial slate.

Oh?

Although I'd guess they'd have been happy with real.

Yeah, you can often 'upgrade' the spec but at your own cost etc.

They are lasting very well.

How long so far?

Any council houses left round here are having their concrete tile
roofs replaced and I saw one of the contractors carefully palleting up
all the good ones up, potentially to be sold as salvage? Less stuff to
go in the skip as well of course. ;-)

Cheers, T i m