Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default wifi strangeness

On 08/12/2020 09:17, Tim Lamb wrote:
snip

Power cycling seems to have it fixed. But why. Does this mean I have to
crawl into the loft every time the phone is carried beyond wifi range?

Not necessarily.

It may mean that you will face the question "how much do I care if other
stuff on the same circuit as the router loses power briefly?"

But, before that, try rebooting the router from the management page from
your laptop/PC. (I know that's often more bother than power cycling but
when the alternative is crawling into the loft....)

--
Robin