Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wifi strangeness

On 08/12/2020 09:17, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes

You can use an app like Wifi analyser to report the channel of your
wifi, or you can log into the management page of the router (details
on the sticker on the router usually).

Power cycling seems to have it fixed. But why. Does this mean I have to
crawl into the loft every time the phone is carried beyond wifi range?

No. It is the sort of thing that happens once very six months or so -
maybe even less. One of my repeaters decided not to play with my wife's
iPhone last week. She was amazed when I fixed it using a poker!

The mains switch is inconveniently right behind the TV but with a poker
I can just about reach it to switch off and on...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown