Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default aldi portable generator no spark

On 08/12/2020 07:31, raise wrote:
I have Aldi workzone 2200W (peak) inverter gen, Very weak spark. Removed
tank and discovered totally different ignition system now being used.
EHT coil designed for flywheel now fed direct current from Gen? at pull
start. I suspect timing is done by a pickup miniature coilÂ* on top of
gen housing. I replaced little used oil ,in case this was a sensed
problem. Cant remove earth on this type arrangement. Will start by
replacing EHT coil bolted on top under fuel tank. Question, where do I
get one in GympieÂ* Queensland,

This lot claim to supply to Aus:

https://www.generatorguru.com/parts-system/

--