Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] 593757Martin@raynernet.compraise is offline

Default aldi portable generator no spark

I have Aldi workzone 2200W (peak) inverter gen, Very weak spark. Removed tank and discovered totally different ignition system now being used. EHT coil designed for flywheel now fed direct current from Gen? at pull start. I suspect timing is done by a pickup miniature coil on top of gen housing. I replaced little used oil ,in case this was a sensed problem. Cant remove earth on this type arrangement. Will start by replacing EHT coil bolted on top under fuel tank. Question, where do I get one in Gympie Queensland,

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...rk-948160-.htm