Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Price of tools was So it's been kind of quiet lately ... tool semi review

On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 16:23:56 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 12/8/2020 3:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 12:09:56 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 12/8/2020 11:28 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
On 08/12/2020 8:50 am, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Puckdropper writes:
wrote in
:

Yep.* I bought her All Clad Copper-Core cookware, over a few years,
about ten years ago.* The ye were about $300 per pan but they're just
as good today as they were then.* She just bought a set of Japanese
steel knives for about $1500.* Festools aren't the only expensive
tools.* ;-)

I heard somewhere that sauces in copper pots don't need a lot of
stirring.
Have you or your wife noticed anything like that?

All-clad are stainless steel with a copper core for more even heat
transmission.* The copper does not come into direct contact with food.

Doesn't cast iron work well?

In June we had to retire all of our nonferrous pots and pans that we use
on the cook top.

The gas is GONE.!!! Along with all the nasty emissions.

We bought a new GE Profile induction/convection oven range.

My wife, the main cook, liked gas over our old electric flat glass top
range. Faster and easier to control the heat.

But her request was to get rid of the messy gas range and go with the
induction.

She demanded gas, so we put a bottle in the back yard and bought a
dual fuel Kitchenaid.

Facts. Induction heats the pot or pan 2-3 times faster than gas. Spill
overs can be immediately wiped up, while cooking, and do not bake on.
There are no control knobs on our model. All functions are via touch
screen. Clean up is shockingly easy and fast and can be done the
instant the cooking is done. There is nothing to remove. Induction
cooks more evenly under the entire bottom of the pot or pan, not just at
the ring of fire. You have more temperature choices.

And I'd be banned from the kitchen completely!

If she ever cooked with one, electric induction, you would be buying a
new one. LOL

I'm not allowed anywhere near one. They're about the only thing
that's found around the home that can drive pacemakers nuts. I'm
dependent (if it don't work, I don't work) on mine so it's a double
no-no.

Welders above 60A, I think, are a problem too. My doctor ordered me
off riding lawn mowers, as well so I'm "forced" to pay someone to do
the lawn. ;-)