Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Price of tools was So it's been kind of quiet lately ... tool semi review

On Tue, 08 Dec 2020 08:26:21 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote in
:

Other end is what my Dad said about stereos: if you have a ten
dollar ear, no sense buying a hundred dollar stereo. Of course, he
said that a long time ago.

I held on to standard definition TVs for a long time with that exact
reasoning. The picture still looked good enough for me. Now everything's
gone hi-def and the new TVs are worth it.

There is a difference in what you can see vs. what you can't hear. ;-)

Hi-def is needed because the screens are 100x larger than they were.
With '60s resolution, individual pixels would be the size of your
fist. ;-)