Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Price of tools was So it's been kind of quiet lately ... tool semi review

On Tue, 08 Dec 2020 14:53:18 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Bill writes:
J. Clarke wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2020 21:14:19 -0800, pyotr filipivich

Other end is what my Dad said about stereos: if you have a ten
dollar ear, no sense buying a hundred dollar stereo. Of course, he
said that a long time ago.

I can't hear the difference between a cheap stereo and an expensive
one. Still, I'm looking for a better amp because this blasted thing
trips its overload any time there's a loud noise.

All things are relative. Personally, I don't care for the "Bose"
speakers because they are too smooth for me. Maybe it has something to
do with what one is used to. "Digitally-enhanced music"--Blah!
Give me a steel resonator guitar! : )

I've used these as my primary speakers now for the past decade. Highly
recommended.

https://www.magnepan.com/model_MMG

A guy I worked with was enamored with electrostatics. For the
application, they got too complicated and *expensive*. The economics
would never work out.