Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Price of tools was So it's been kind of quiet lately ... tool semi review

On Mon, 07 Dec 2020 21:14:19 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Mon, 07 Dec 2020 15:53:10 -0500 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

It's been said "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten."
The only thing worse than not having a tool is having a bad tool.
Irritating, and dangerous

Yes, irritating, dangerous and worthless. I never felt bad about about buying
the finer things. I was happy I could afford it. A person needs to have at least
a few high end things in life. Improves your outlook. :-) Starrett, Hasselblad,
Linhof and such.

Delta, Festool, Laguna. ;-)

Other end is what my Dad said about stereos: if you have a ten
dollar ear, no sense buying a hundred dollar stereo. Of course, he
said that a long time ago.

Well, since I'm at the other end of that transaction I'd "officially"
have a different take on this. I like people spending money on audio
but "Intelligent" statements like this are said with straight faces:

"Pulling harmonics together from a jumbled auditory stream to form a
coherent harmonic envelope."

Or perhaps:

"Harmonic textures ebbed and flowed with startling dynamic nuances and
the sort of liquidity and purity one only comes to associate with
world-class audio products."

That's what they sound like to me, anyway. I can't hear anything
they're talking about but just nod and smile. Sure, their setup
sounds good but my ear buds are good enough for podcasts. ;-)