Rich McCarty

Default Railroad Track Anvil, Built

If you live in central Connecticut, I can show you where there's miles of
old track, within easy walking distance of my house. Judging by the size of
trees growing on the track, I'd say it's been 20-30 years since the line was
used. There are a few short bridges. I've always thought that those large
pieces that join the ends of the little extra track that's built on the
inside of the main tracks on bridges (I hope I described it OK ) would make
excellent anvils. All one needs to do is drag it out of the woods....

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Sunworshipper" wrote

Aren't you here in Vegas? I used to know "where" the U.P. R.R.
was... Recently I asked a guy what the brushes where for and don't
they wear out ?, on the truck for riding the rail. Bummer, asked the
wrong question.

Still have the coal problem. I've heard of a place , but its far to
check out for 20lbs. or zero.

Yep. Live in Vegas. Grew up here.

There are still a few places far out where one might find some rail. It
would be near old lines that are still used. Meadow Valley Wash comes to
mind. The UPRR runs right through town on a southwest to northeast line,
with jogs here and there. In some rural spots, rail might be available,

but
you would have to have a torch to grab a piece. In other places, ties,
rails, and all have been pulled up, and scavengers have taken everything
that the railroad missed. But still a few old beds around where you can
ride an ATV and look for things.

We think that no place is too far out. Sometimes we go in fifty miles on
dirt roads to explore. Just be prepared, take water, avoid going in

summer,
and tell someone where you are going and when you will be back. Taking

more
than one vehicle and not going alone are also good ideas.

This desert is unforgiving.

Steve