jim rozen

Default Political Campaign Funding

In article , NoOne N
Particular says...

Today, one of the political dog bones is gay marriage and the discussion of
a constitutional amendment to ban it. I'm not going to say whether I am
for, or against gay marriage. But I am saying that I don't want the current
crop of politicians (Democrats or Republicans) to mess with the
Constitution. That could only be bad for us.

I think you miss the point on this one. Politicians love this
issue, because there is not much substance to it at all, but
rather a great subject to ignite meaningless controversy in the
news and popular literature.

They love this because it distracts from the real issues at hand,
such as 'why is the economy in the ****ter,' or 'why have all
your jobs gone overseas,' or the never-popular 'how come we can't
stop folks from blowing up our buildings?'

I think the politicos have made the smart realization that as
long as their 'issue of the day' plays on Fox News and CNN then
they can run the whole show whatever way they want.

Jim

please reply to: