Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Acoustat Electrostatic Speakers

Trevor Wilson Bull****ted:
======================

**I have some familiarity with a few Acoustat models. I am unaware of
any that came with inbuilt power amps, though I guess it is possible
that one or two were.

** The modlel " X " IIRC.

Direct drive form the tubes runnint at 5kV.

I can tell you that the load presented by most
Acoustats is brutal. Only amplifiers capable of substantial current
ability and unconditional stability should be used. Here is an impedance
graph I ran on an old Acoustat amny years ago:

https://www.rageaudio.com.au/index.php?p=1_12

Check out the dip at 15kHz.

** Very easy load for any sanely built amp.

Trouble for your nutty MEs - were they ??

...... Phil