Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Thermostat that goes down to 32F?

On Monday, December 7, 2020 at 9:30:43 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/7/20 8:14 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, December 7, 2020 at 8:30:07 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/6/20 10:45 PM, Donnell Spivey wrote:
How do I caliber my thermostat that go down to 32

The original question went back 15 years. Ed P.
is the only name I recognized from way back.
32 degrees Fahrenheit doesn't leave much margin for error.
Someone suggested using a refrigerator thermostat.
Can one get a thermostat for livestock tank heaters or maybe
a thermostat for an engine block heater?

I have a little AC plug-in module intended to turn on a heater to stay above freezing.
Not sure what exact temp it maintains, but somewhere just above freezing, think it might be ~37.
It's called Easyheat. But I also saw reviews years ago where people complained they
failed, so some investigation is warranted. Back then HD had them. And if this is for
freeze protection, you probably want some margin above 32, unless you;re able to locate
it in the coldest spot and what you need to protect is where it is sure to be warmer.

I found this with a little searching.
https://www.amazon.com/HEATIT-Freeze-Thermostatically-Controlled-Outlet/dp/B074HVYDV1
The next question would be about some sort of warning device if the
heat fails.

That looks just like the Easyheat one that I have. Probably all made in China, cheap.
There should be a market for better ones that cost say $35 - 50 that include a warning
either audible or wifi, etc.