Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Why?

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 07/12/2020 08:59, RJH wrote:
On 6 Dec 2020 at 23:13:23 GMT, "John Rumm"

...do the AF nut sizes on 15mm compression fittings vary by so
much? About
1.5mm between the smallest and largest here. All new. The threads
seem the
same - you can interchange the nuts.
If space is tight, you need a good spanner fit. And I hate
adjustables.

The big forged "wrap around" compression spanners seem to work on all
the variations, but yup there is a fair amount of variation for a a
"standard" nut!

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...Forged_compres
sion_spanner

Marvellous things when there's space to use them.

Yup... I also keep a couple of those horrid flat pressed steel spanners
in the toolbox for the cases where there is no space.

I'm gradually acquiring a set of ground down open jaw conventional
spanners.

If the question was "do plumbers carry a set of thin spanners"? The
answer is no, they just use more plumbers mait:-(

--
Tim Lamb