Default Digital set-top boxes (slightly O/T) - weak signal area.

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote:
In article , Niall
wrote:

So if it happens, change the cable. But freeview *can* work perfectly
well without an enormous aerial array and CT100 all over the place.
If you have a reasonable analogue picture, it will probably work fine.

Believe whatever makes you happy. I can only give you the benefit of 16
years in the trade and thousands of digital installations carried out.

I believe what I see on my television screen and what a number of
other people here have said. If you have good analogue Channel 5
reception then there's a very good chance that you will get digital
FreeView with the same aerial installation. If not then an aerial
upgrade is probably all that's necessary (assuming you haven't got a
super-duper aerial already). Only if you're trying to squeeze the
last few extra dB of signal out of the system is it worth upgrading
the aerial cables and so on.

--
Chris Green )