Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why?

There do seem to be issues with AF sizes generally, when I worked for Racal
we used to get large quantities of nuts but we in the end had to specify af
sizes as some designs meant that the bigger ones left no room for a spanner
and in any case as it was military equipment it had to all be the same. No
point in the middle of a battlefield trying to pop down to toolstation to
find an alternative spanner!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
On Sunday, 6 December 2020 at 17:24:31 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
...do the AF nut sizes on 15mm compression fittings vary by so much?
About
1.5mm between the smallest and largest here. All new. The threads seem
the
same - you can interchange the nuts.

If space is tight, you need a good spanner fit. And I hate adjustables.

Agreed - it seems odd that no-one seemed to define a standard. Or if they
did, it didn't stick.