Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Water from my shower running down and around the fuse box leaving a big damp patch

On Sat, 05 Dec 2020 17:42:25 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 05 Dec 2020 17:40:09 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 5 Dec 2020 13:21:11 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 2:52:55 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

and I'm sure most people who buy a new phone don't even
know how to copy texts to it.

A new phone comes with instructions on how to easily move what you have from the
old phone to the new.

Not all of them. Not my previous one, or I think my current one, or the
one still in the box.

And even if there are instructions, that doesn't mean the owners know
how to do it.

AFAIK, using Google Account is just one, I think they may have
utilities that will do it for you too. Apple has similar, it's all backed up in the cloud.
Hard to imagine that in 2020 it would not include texts.

I'm not an apple person, but after being nudged into the apple world
by my hearing aids and "inheriting" i-phones from , first my daughter,
then a client, I found updating drom my old SE to my 8 was painless -
and updating my wife from the 4 to the SE was just as simple.
Previously I was in the Blackberry universe - and even there it was
pretty simple. Moving from the 'Berry to the "other fruit phone" was a
bit more complicated but I don't think I lost anything.