Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Why?

...do the AF nut sizes on 15mm compression fittings vary by so much? About
1.5mm between the smallest and largest here. All new. The threads seem the
same - you can interchange the nuts.

If space is tight, you need a good spanner fit. And I hate adjustables.

+1
I've just refitted a radiator today after some decorating and as you
have found the af sizes are different on two different fittings.

I've also come to the conclusion that Aladin self bleed valves are crap.
They work when new and not afterwards after draining a radiator, which
was removed 3 weeks ago and the valve has had a long time to dry out.