Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 11:15:00 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Correct. The resolution of a CRT depends on the number of 'pixels' per
square unit. Very small tubes generally have about the same as larger ones
- so actually poorer resolution.

Ah, ok?

So, do they still have the same number of lines etc and if so does
that mean potentially re scanning the same pixels multiple times per
frame?

One gives you vertical resolution the other horizontal.

Well, I get the relationship between lines and pixels and resolution
but pixels still count even on the horizontal shirley?

And the number of
lines is fixed.

405 / 625 etc

It all depends on the how close you are to the different
screen sizes. Hence my comment about magnifying a smaller one. You need
the same amount filling your view to compare.

Sure, so, is it unlikely that my small Panasonic portable TV had as
many pixels (proportionally) to actually give the best resolution
possible?

I actually still have it so can check the model etc (OOI).

Cheers, T i m