Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On 05/12/2020 19:13, David wrote:

I have hit an issue anyway.
Mounting for both need to be at least 1.8 metres from the floor. That is
fine.
However the Screwfix one requires 700mm top clearance and the Dimplex one
500mm top clearance.
The plastic roof it too low to allow that, unfortunately, so I may be
looking at some form of free standing heater.
Or some kind of heat reflector above which of course is not in the
specifications.

The 1.8 + 0.7 = 2.5 metres was noted in the comments on the Screwfix item.
In our 1930s house the ceilings are 8 foot or 2 metres 440 mm so would be
out of specification. Which is weird.

Alternatively you ignore the instructions and mount them where is
sensible for you and apply some common sense. So for example, top
clearance can be smaller if what is above is somewhat non combustible
and insensitive to heat. Not sure why the arbitrary 1.8m is suggested
for height, but its not going to set light to the ground if lower.

--
Cheers,

John.