Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default D-I-Y Marmalade

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Saturday, 5 December 2020 at 09:41:08 UTC, Robin wrote:
For several years now Tarocco blood oranges have been readily
available in season from Marks and Spencer and (labelled "blush
oranges") Waitrose. I've also seen them (and more often the
sanguinelli and moro varieties) in ASDA, Tesco (as "Jaffa Reds") and
other stores. On 05/12/2020 08:36, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes indeed, the old knowledge was lost. My old grannie used to get
them from a local greengrocer baack in the 1960s. Shop Marmalade is
not a patch on home made, too much sugar and less taste. It was and
probably still is hard to get blood oranges as well as I used to
like the juice from those. Brian

I've found Lidl to be the best for blood oranges. Certainly when you
take into account price!

Absolutely love them.

I also like Lidl thick cut marmalade. Not any of their other preserves,
though.

Aldi thick cut is pretty good too. Thick and chunky.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls