Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On Sat, 05 Dec 2020 16:19:57 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
For a good few years the TV in the bedroom was a very small (like 9")
Panasonic mains / 12V CRT jobby and that had a lovely picture (as it
should with all 625 lines in such a small space). ;-)

Usually an optical illusion. Small high quality CRTs are extremely
expensive (and rare)

Magnify it up to the same size as a larger domestic screen and you'll see
what I mean.

Oh, sure, but that was my point, because all that data was compressed
into a smaller space, it gave a very good picture. Yes, I guess if you
expanded it up it wouldn't look so good. Or are you saying the smaller
screen *didn't* have all the same data as a bigger screen?

Same with SD / HD. Our 'main' TV is only 22" (TFT) or summat and so SD
is fine. If I watch SD on the 40" TV we were given it doesn't look as
good and so then HD actually makes a difference.

Cheers, T i m