Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On 5 Dec 2020 14:42:12 GMT, David wrote:

On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 19:28:04 +0000, nothanks wrote:

snip

Please consider wearing a hat and coat instead. We all waste far too
much energy without adding to the waste with more of these ridiculous
things.

For all those replying that we should wear a coat, woolly jumper, etc. as
if we haven't considered this, please assume that we have considered this
and have decided that for our requirements some additional heat is a
better option.

You *believe* might be a 'better option' and for those concerned. I'm
guessing only time will tell.

We also have central heating, which we use to keep the house at a
comfortable temperature for us.

Good?

We could go without heating (done that in my childhood),

Why would you do that, unless you typically leave the windows open in
attempt to get heat into the garden etc? ;-)

or turn it right
down and wear outdoor clothing indoors.

If the insulation on the house is that bad and depending on your
disposable income, that might be a good choice?

We prefer to be comfortable.

As do most people, however, there are limits to that.

Telling us just to put a coat on is not helpful in the context of this
question.

It's not helpful because it isn't what you wanted to hear, but it is
good for aspects that you obviously don't rate above the assumed
outcome of this project.

Cheers, T i m