Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default D-I-Y Marmalade

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
On 04/12/2020 20:34, GB wrote:
On 04/12/2020 16:43, gareth evans wrote:
Has anyone here got the low-down on the availability
of Seville Oranges ?

(These are the bitter ones as were featured in that
episode of Dad's Army)

Sainsburys, Morrisons and Lidl here in Chippenham
deny all knowledge.

"Her Indoors" is pressurising me to find some!

Apparently, this stuff works 'just as well'.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/254850756

Yes. Ma Made. Which my Ma Made when she was alive. I don't know the
economics - might be considered cheating.

Yes - my mum was a great jam maker. As kids we went berry picking on the
highways and byways. Bramble jelly was one of her specialities.

And remember when she changed from using fresh seville oranges to a tinned
concentrate or whatever for marmalade. Can't say anyone noticed the
difference.

Other thing she 'cheated' with was ready made puff pastry.

Oh - it reminds me of one of her sayings.

Guests present.

"Would you like my home made strawberry or raspberry jam with my home made
scones?"

"Strawberry, please."

"And what's wrong with the respberry?"

--