Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?

On Fri, 04 Dec 2020 20:52:53 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 11:53:40 -0800 (PST), Nick Cat
wrote:

On Friday, 4 December 2020 at 18:05:57 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 13:58:33 +0000, wrote:

On 04/12/2020 01:43, williamwright wrote:
On 03/12/2020 19:28, wrote:

Please consider wearing a hat and coat instead. We all waste far
too much energy without adding to the waste with more of these
ridiculous things.

Bugger off! It's none of your business.

Bill
Nor yours, FWIW (unless you're an alias of the OP). The difference is
that I was polite and made a positive suggestion.
(No reply required)
Basically Bills view on the world is that if you can afford it, and
presumably it's not actually illegal, he / anyone should be allowed to
do it, no matter how much it might impact anyone / thing else.

He is.

Except, things change and then he can't. In many cases a group of people
already know that the changes are afoot and change before they are
forced to, simply because it's the *right thing* to do.

I realise '*right thing* simply isn't on the radar of a selfish minority
and they will inevitably spoil it for the majority.

I saw something on Youtube re some folk who were living in their vans
(in the USA in this case) because they had lost their jobs and so homes.
The guy in the video realised that parking up in say a shopping Mal car
park overnight might not be 'Allowed' but the small group that were
doing it kept themselves to themselves, didn't stay there all the time
and cleared up any litter, even though they themselves hadn't made it.
They also made a point of shopping in the store whose carpark they were
staying in, even though it wasn't the best / cheapest, because it was
the right thing to do.

Then more people started turning up, *didn't* clear up or keep quiet or
go somewhere else during the day so they *all* got told to leave and
don't come back.

Bill would be the one complaining that he had the money to keep slaves
or smoke over people in the pub because it was 'his right', without
considering his active inflicting smoke on non smokers was less 'fair'
than the non-smokers having the right to not have to suffer such.

Just because something is legal or 'legitimate' now doesn't mean it's
will continue (to be legal) and therefore question it's legality or
morality ever.

Cheers, T i m

I'm will Bill on this one.

Certainly not with you!