Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Water from my shower running down and around the fuse box leaving a big damp patch

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 5 Dec 2020 05:22:48 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Regarding the non-responsive plumber, I would send him a demand letter, via registered
mail so that he has proof it was mailed and received. Or whatever you have in the UK
that is similar. Save proof of phone call records too. In the letter give him a reasonable

Texting is good because you have a record, if he has a phone number that
receives texts (any cell phoen**). but save the texts you've send and
if you get a new phone, transfer them to to the new phone. It looks so
lame when plaintiffs claim to have texted and they all say the phone was
lost or broken or they got a new one.

I wonder how many are telling the truth. I've had the same phone for 3 years, can't
remember what happened when I did the transfer back then. I didn't have any texts
worth saving. I would expect that the typical transfer today should save texts.
You'd think texting apps would have the ability to export texts to a text file, but mine
doesn't. Maybe other text apps do. That's the nice thing with Android, if you don't
like the stock apps you can change most of them to something else.

I'm sure some people lose or break their phone and had none of their
texts backed up, and I'm sure most people who buy a new phone don't even
know how to copy texts to it. And they all say they didn't expect to
sue or get sued, which I'm sure is true most of the time, but some
people do know a displute is ongoing and a lawsuit is likely, and I'm
sure many or most are lying about there once having had texts (why I
said "claim"). The tv judges seem not to care if they're lying. All
that matters is that they don't have them, so the reason doesn't matter.

The best all-around utility for Android cell phones is MyPhoneExplorer,
https://www.fjsoft.at/en/highlight.php . I don't have any texts worth
saving either, so I haven't tried it but I'm sure it will back up your
texts, like it backs up everything else, and it can then save them to a
new phone.

It also allows one to send texts, composing them on your PC with a full
sized keyboard, though you do have to have your phone on and linked to
send the text.

It also makes transferring files back and forth easy, like photos, or if
you download an apk on the PC.

It will connect the PC to the phone via cable, bluetooth, or wifi.

It requires a second part for the phone itself. That's at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xplorer.client

This page is interesting too. If you have an adblocker turned on, you
get https://www.fosshub.com/MyPhoneExplorer.html with a button for
Cryptdonate. Click on that and it's like a foreign world.